Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Little Thing Called...


You know the times when you overslept? You tend to set your handphone alarm at the unearthly hours native to hardworking studs. When you wake up from the most annoying of all alarm tones, the one you decided to put anyway because you sleep like a log. When it's time for you to wake up, you coarsely curse under your breath to that annoying tone, and proceed to randomly click a button hoping it will hit snooze. Then you assure yourself that you will miraculously wake up in about 5 minutes. After that, you slowly open your eyes to a mysteriously lit room thinking it was from the sun...when you think 'Wait just a darn minute, there's no sun at 5.30 am..'. That's when you have the cat face in the picture above.

Yeap, we know, I was there a few times as well.I am that person who wakes up at 5.30 am during my college days, just the idea of having the best car park in that Taylor's College area seems like such a legendary achievement to everyone I suppose.

Parking your car in front of the college and having hundreds on other drivers being envy of you and having bad thoughts which includes a gun, pipe and an old men always brings a smile to my face.I never achieve that ever-since I started this hiatus for the past 5 months. Which i sad because I think I feel much more intact as a shocked person jumping out of bed and forgetting what to do. I like it.

I guess the whole idea of over-sleeping is to enjoy that last bit of sleep, it could be 5 minutes or 10 minutes or even an hour if your biological clock is messed up. I think the thrill that comes from over-sleeping is the moment when you wake up in shock and awe, in between the realm of flying unicorns and mumbling teachers and then you look at your clock only to find that you overslept for 5 minutes. That's where the thrill is, challenge oneself to see how precise you can be at over-sleeping. That is the moment where you say Hell Yes, im that good.

Sometimes, it's not that you want to oversleep and then forget about everything later on. Sometimes it just can't be help, a natural occurance that can't be predicted nor calculated. It the sort of time when you used your handphone as an alarm and eagerly set the time to 5.30 pm instead of am. No one saw that coming, Deepak Chopra certainly didn't forsee that. It's one of those times that you tell yourself..no, it can't be help, just let it go, just go back to sleep. Or, instead of putting pm, you accidently click the 8 button instead of 5 and waking up, dumbfounded as to why it was bright and receiving countless sms asking where the hell are you cause you need to pass up an assignments.

Not only that, you can do it as a prank not too yourself, but your friends as well. In fact, 90% of them uses handphone as an alarm, and 100% of them rarely checks the time and hence just press Yes to everything. All you need to do is inflitrate his handphone through a covert homesexual advance, change the am to pm, and there you have it, the greatest prank of earth. I did it as a joke, but everyone was taking it seriously...there's nothing I could do.

Some if not everyone goes through that moment where you think you won't be able to make it to classes on time, or won't be able to get that usual parking spot you want. That's when you do the impossible, you drive like a speed demon aka Racer Lucifer (pun intended), while defying all laws of physics just so you can be there on time. After you manage to get there on time, you find out that classes is cancel cause the lecturer woke up and late, or the parking space is available because it's a Sunday...you find yourself thinking...all the risk of accidents and getting shot by physician just cause I was too lazy to call a friend or too lazy to check the calender.

Conclusion? That my friend, is my experience and what I have been through, though some were greatly exaggerated, and I mean greatly, I just took precaution so as to not assasibate things. This my friend, is a little thing called 'double-checking'.

No comments: