I've heard this question probably about a hundred times in my 20 years of eventful life time. For everytime I hear an answer for said question, there's probably about another hundred different answer. Im sure certain people depending on their colour and creed have come to the same conclusion about what makes one human, because let's be realistic here a little. There is no doubt that religion is the primary driving force that dictates what being human is. I feel that the rules in religion that people live buy are the only reason that they're human. That is, if you believe in God.
But to those who doesn't, mainly people who believe in the Darwin Theory as in evolution, having the ability to think unlike out other primape counter-parts is what makes us human.
And so we have the battle between God and Evolution. Personally, I don't quite believe in either two of them because I don't quite care to be on the dot. But we all have to come from somewhere? We are The human being, we don't just appear out of nowhere like Houdini when he tried to escape from his wife.
Of course I have to make my stand, im not that brainy enough to come out with a new theory that we human beings were originally native aliens that crash-landed on this planet, decided that all is lost, and decided to use their sexual organs for reproductive use and shabam...here we are today. No i don't think so. My stand is, what makes us human is the ability to recognise between good and evil, right from wrong. Having the ability to be curteous, that's what makes ur human. No doubt that apart from positive behaviour there is also negative behaviour but Newton's 3rd Law of Motion has no boundaries. But that one most important thing is the ability to feel compassion.
My parents told me recently that I will no be able to survive in the business world because my hard is too soft. And if I perceived that correctly is that im too forgiving? Well of course I was kinda angry at that statement. Is having the ability to forgive people when the situation calls for it, bad? Even in the world of business. SInce when showing compassion is a crime in the business industry? Would I prefer too loss money because one of my workers is neglecting his job, or gain money by firing him because his not doing his job? I would go for the former obviously, money comes and go, don't sit there and tell me losing money is bad because it can definately be gain back, and all it needs is effort. High risk, high return right?
Well forgive me for trying to be a adecent human being.
Humans can always be thought to change, of course if push comes to shove, you'll have to do something about it. Just like in recession, most business will let go jobs to save money. And were not talking about tens of jobs, it could be from a hundred to thousands. As for me, letting go jobs is the last thing i want to do. Being unemployed in a recession is the lowest a person can go through.
What makes us human?
The ability to love and forgive one another. Fortunately for me, I now have the privilage to say to know what it feels like to be in love. The ability to love someone in good and bad times, the ability to forgive one another for patty or huge matters are all that makes us human. There's no forgiveness in the animal kingdom, would you think a tiger would say sorry for accidently biting a deer? Love can really drive us human to do great things, be for another human being, or towards another entity.
Im sure there are many things that qualifies one to be human, but to me this smallest little things are the ones that should be practice by everyone, but that is just wishful thinking. It's always easy to want things to be your way, but I am objective enough to know whats best.
And I like the way I am, defected but still working. Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment