Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I know that cards are usually used for this kind of celebration but who says an e-card can't be used eh? As per blog title, it's no brainer what this purpose is for! I am tweaking it a little though, as much as it is Father's Day but i can't help but also include both my dad and my mum as well, so readers (if i have any left), this post is not for you but for my parents yeay! The best part is, they're going to read my blog for the first time, or so I hope. I have went to great length to keep this blog a *secret* but why keep, when you can share, so here goes. This post is for my parents!


Here they are, my beautiful family :) As you can see I am the black sheep in the family, I literally mean I am the black sheep of the family, can you not see how black/dark I am. This was in Bali back in 200*ahem*, great times!

Happy Father's day Dad! Hope you have a great and fun celebration tomorrow with mum! I am guessing Melissa has gone back . How are things back home with mum, hope everything is all fine and dandy. Things are good here, just a little exam stress and stuff, but it comes with the life on a university student.

Now, i could go on asking questions, which is itself weird cause it's hard to get an answer but I rather much talk, something that i do best as what most many people would tell you about me, yes he talks non-stop.

Now, I admit that I am very reserved person with my feelings, and i rarely show affectionate to just about anyone, but now I am not. I tell my parents I love them, which is so very true, and it feels good to tell them that! I rarely tell that to them, its true, if you ever see my parents go ahead and ask them. I must say it really feels good letting your parents know that you truly love them, because as parents they give their all hoping in return that their child would do the same.

I am fortunate to have been raised by my parents, as stern and strict as they are (omygosh im so sorry mum and dad) that upbringing has brought me to where i am today. And i still is hard for me to be like this in front on my parents cause, hey...i am not used to it but I am slowly getting there.

Now I am proud of my parents, not just because they were able to stand being around me, believe you me I was a very very troubled kid (somewhat), well rebellious is the word I would love to use in my arsenal of words to describe myself, and they have been quite patient with my ethics back home like raising voice, answering back, not listening to them...etc....not wanting to go any further for any obvious reasons. But yes I am very proud of my parents, i love them and if you would ask me who my idols are, i will tell you that my parents are my idol.

Both my parents work very hard, and this is something I've never told them, but sometimes i feel guilty studying here, partly because the impression i have that since im the youngest it's my duty to take care of them but yes, what can i do eh? I do love studying what I am now, very passionate about it, and the amount of money my parents are putting in for me it's well huge amounts. That's why I do my very best to make sure that the money the put into me will be put to good use.

More often than not, or rather I still get questions like 'why don't you want to work for your father..' or 'why don't you want to take over his business..' but i really couldn't answer them cause I don't know why. It's definitely not that i don't want, i do. My dad has put a lot into his business, and i keep thinking that my dad would also want me to take over his business. Not to mention is sad thinking that his business will be taken over by somebody else one day in the future, and i still do beat myself up for not studying business instead.

But, i am an adult now (or i so i hope i am) and it is about time i start being one (well sometimes, i still like being young and immature) and I came to terms that I would love to work part-time with my dadduring the summer. Well summer here of course, since ill be home for 3 months I may as well make myself useful and gain some knowledge from my dad.

And so yes, that's it from me, Happy Father's Day to you dad. I love you and mum very much! Please do take care of yourself!

Now, to find a way to redirect my dad to this blog.


No comments: