This chapter of this uneducational column is called 'white lie'
I must admit that I sometimes don't speak the truth. Not about everything, but just on certain issues that needed to be concealed. It's a white lie. It's a sort of lie that is harmless in nature, and if applied correctly, may bring benefit. Well to you of course, nobody that is being lied to benefits from it. For the greater good.
While I was in secondary school, my Malay friends will ask me to go to Friday prayers to the nearby mosque. I of course, reluctantly said yes, and then not appear at all. That's me you know, I never had faith in anything that is not mutual in nature. Of course, one doesn't aspect anything in return while proving yourself to your religion, to God of course. It as a white lie, if you failed to notice. It was quite difficult going through school if Malay peers know that you don't pray. To be honest, I don't really care what they think, but it was secondary school ya know, it's a confusing time.
But now, I openly tell people that, "Yeah, I don't pray. What about it? Does that make me an evil sinner? Should I go murder people and plough myself to the ground because I am bad?"
Does not performing the duty as Malay make me bad guy? I didn't turned out so bad, sometimes I think myself for not doing so because I may turn out to be a different person you know? I might go around shouting I hate Jews for reasons I can't quite perceive.
Now I tell people, that I am agnostic. That's right, right here right now, I openly say that I am agnostic. It actually took me some soul searching to figure this out. I always thought that I am the only person in the world with such problem, but I have come acrossed people like me, the lost but has aims type of person. I ask one particular guy, how does he go about not doing things a Malay should. He told me not care what other people think, you should know what is right and wrong, you don't need religion for that.
I know there's something there, but I don't execute it so to speak. It just doesn't feel homey to me. Like I once said, faith is a give I have yet to recieved and Robert Langdon couldn't be more correct. Thank god (such irony) for Angels and Demon.
And that my friends, is a little thing called 'white lie' and how it could be benefitial to you and sometimes kick the living realisation out of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment