Before I actually start to pour out my heart's contents, I would like to push forward a few important notes that requires the attention of the football loving society. I hate to break it to you, but the World Cup 2010 sucks, big times. It doesn't suck to the extend that I avoid watching it. No, on the contrary, I do watch the World Cup, but it's lacking that important 'i feel like a little girl on a pogo-stick' excitement. That feeling in you gut that you get when you watch something exciting, oh boy, yes you do. Anyway, WC this year is very unpredictable as well, who would have reckon the the Spaniards would lose to Swiss Army Knife making footballers. If you want to stop betting addiction straigth away, I suggest you put your house at stake, and bet on North Korea. Those darn communist.
Let's proceed to the pinnacle of today's post. Over the past few weeks, and Im just being rather generous this morning, that I make quite a good husband. Lately, I've been doing some grocery shopping on my spare time. Often when my parents were on a 'were-just-going-to-pick-your-sister-up-cum-holiday' in Dublin for 2 weeks. Yeah, it takes 5 days to reach Dublin, 2 days for leisure and and 7 days to come back due to the time zone. Im being an idiot. So yeah, I took the challenge of doing grocery shopping, that and the fact I have nothing to eat at home if I don't. Hence my choices were pretty much it. Now shopping to male, is some native. It's just not normal. See, as Males, we are destructive in nature. We reign havoc and destruction on the very ground we step on be it in the living room or any part of the house you see fit. That pretty much sums up a Male in 2 sentences, were obese, we suck at dish washing and we like to watch TV.
Females however, you are special individuals. As Females, you are the direct opposite of the descendants of ogres I call male. Generally, females are peaceful in nature, and fix every single mess us Males touches or breath on. To add to that, you can tolerate our nonsense and our bad choices of humour, it feels more like tumour to be honest. Females are like the handkerchiefs to ogre's snot, and I meant that with the highest respect for female kind, that and because I was trying to make a point on how nasty males are, were mongrels. Of course, if you haven't notice I was stereotyping (as per title). Not all males are ogres and not all females are handkerchiefs. Likewise, not all males create destruction and not all females fix it. You get my point.
Now I shall go further, a detailed in depth analysis of a male/female case of stereotyping. With me as sample number #1. Let's rewind back to the 'I'm a good husband moment'. While I was doing my grocery shopping at Giant, I notice there were a few males doing their shopping (ALONE, males with wives don't count) as well. Like me, they were trying to hide a small crumpled white paper, with list of items that they needed to buy, trying to prove that males can do the groceries. Like me, we stroll through aisles and aisles of products, stopping only when we accidentally stumbled upon the products that we needed to buy before proceeding to wonder aimlessly once again.
This is true mind you, as I was myself observing the poor males helplessly looking at different brands of the same product, and not knowing which to buy. Moving at snail's pace trying not to look lost and scared, pretending that they had things under control. The females however, boy, they were swift like adult swiflets. They certainly know what they were doing. One by one, females passing pass me with tremendous, inhuman speeds. Grabbing everything they needed in one handful and putting it in their trolley and then disappear into another aisle. Only to emerge with more products. It's like they knew what they wanted to buy and didn't have to think twice. They came, they grabbed, and they left. Leaving me dumb-founded as to how they make it look so easy. Female 1 Male 0.
I swear to god every time a female shopper zooms pass through my while I slowly try to find what I needed and laugh at me. It's like all the females in Giant were communicating at each other, and planned to laugh at every male shoppers trying with all their might to pick a brand..."Ayamas or Ramli? Dettol or Lux? Yakult or Vitagen? Tomato or tomoto? Sheildtox or Ridsect?" I swear that happens to me every time. I am the one standing at the food aisle, contemplating which brand was better. Of course I was reassuring myself that I was comparing the prices, but truthfully, there were too many products. It's like everytime we stumbled into two different brand of the same product, we start a debate on which is better. Females however....zooms pass, laugh, and leave.
After that, when it's time to go to the counter and pay, another problem happens. Me being male couldn't be bothered with anything that resembles grocery shopping. Little did I know, it would hit me right in the face. It was a Saturday, and I didn't know that every Saturdays, Giant do not supply plastic bags for your goods and that you need to bring your own bags. There I was at the counter, smiling like a fool, satisfy with a productive grocery shopping, not knowing I needed my own bag. Now i know why the cashier was laughing at me while I was about to pay, because after i paid my due. I was left there, dumb-founded and mouth wide open, screaming in my head...."why aren't my groceries in a plastic bag". Im sure the lady notice and told me that there are no plastic bags on Saturdays.
Words cannot describe how my proud and joy was dampen by plastic bags. Standing there for at least 5 minutes trying to phantom a reason to leave my groceries there and just go home. While that was happening, I see several males going through the same problem as well. Just about 2-3 of them were also standing at the cashier, with dumb-founded looking faces thinking where is the plastic bag. At the same time, I see females walking to the cashiers, cash in, and walk off happily with their groceries in their own bags. Female 2 Male 0
In the case of male/female stereotyping, there is certainly an obvious case of stereotyping right there. The fact that females, ramboing through Giant and walking out in few minutes, with bags no less. Leaving males behind, trailing their risidual dust, while we put all our groceries into a trolley and roll it to our car. Lesson to learn, if you are a male, for the love of god, if you are hungry, go to the mamak. Getting owned by women in their home-base is not worth the effort of comparing brands for hours and leaving heavy hearted.
No comments:
Post a Comment