Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Change

Change, such a simple noun (if it is considered as one). A simple yet abstract at the same time; which I feel is a good word to use to describe the end of the year. A new beginning of a different chapter. Life or "S.S.D.D" as I would abbreviate as depicts changes in a bigger picture of course. What is the abbreviation "S.S.D.D" you may ask? S.ame S.hit D.ifferent D.ay

I always did like to equate December to change; not because of Christmas. As much as white snow changes the face of the Earth, is not what I have in mind. It's just December, the last month of the year. Is the month where everyone and not just myself reflect upon the past 11 months. The good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. What wrongs were done, what rights were not? What have I done to make myself better, what have I done to make someone better. Appreciation here is the key, not matter how much of a shit-hole your year might be, to say that 2010 has been the worst year of your life is the biggest denial since Ahmadinejad denied the Holocaust. To blantantly state that one's year was the worst is seriously the most obvious lie. How I would love to take my bolts and nuts and screw this statement "The world doesn't resolve around you" tightly into obviously granitic head.

To me, people don't appreciate the smallest of things anymore. One would think that their lives are no better than the rats that scavenges the drain. Believe me, some people are actually scavenging the drains. Why don't people ever see the bigger picture now days. In all brutal honesty, do you think that the citizens in Haiti are having a better life that you are right now? Yeah well, one will argue that school sucks, you friend pisses you off, your parents annoy you, you don't get the things you want....well tough luck and suck it up. I would safely assume that the people suffering and dying from cholera in Haiti would love to trade their lives with you in a heart beat. Or probably the small children dying from malnutrition in Africa, compared to the so call 'rubbish and problems' you are going through, it's like a mosquito buzzing around your face, sure it's annoying but it passes. To be more precise and specific here, the term 'you' used here is not to refer to anyone in particular, im using it to generalise anyone.

Like all human beings, I go through problems myself. Throughout the years I have thought myself to deal with my problems and tell myself that other people are getting it worst. "Suck it up" I would say, and that is change. We all have friends, and sometimes if the problem is too huge for you too handle, consult you friends or anyone. Unless of course, you're like me who doesn't like to share personal problems with anyone, well I can't say anything. I feel sometimes that the term 'change' is so hostile like salt to snail, and that some are content with their life-style now, be it a good or a bad life-style.

However, with that being said, I leave with you the ever famoust quote "Change is inevitable". Priorities in life changes, and by the time you know it, it's too late to turn back. We can't always be young and die-hard can we, as much as we try too.

And yes, it was I who stole your beans.

No comments: