Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reminiscing My Younger Days (Part II)

Oh hey, wow, yeah. Woof, meow and the sorts; all future car horns should be turned into animal noises. Makes the horning experience a part of your local 8 p.m. game show with your host Mrs. Badcrumble. Well alot more like Jeapordy minus the fun and climax. Mindless rumbling is todays word and rumble we shall, well just I really. A month back roughly I posted something about my dad, and because readers wants to know my affection rather about her (feels rather superior having to say the word 'reader', makes me feel like a book author; Chan, K.J.J is what you should write when citing my book next time), but anyway so today's post is about my mum. Forgive me if I sound emotionless, I am not good and never did like to show my emotions so feel free to feel in the blanks with the following word 'very' before any statement that bring about the feelings of emotion or any sentences if you like to mess yourself up, Neptune knows I sure do.

Twas the night of 19 April 1991, the day that the Earth rumbled in fear as my mum lay birth to what seems to be a bad ass child hell bend on bringing joy and tears to the citizens of Earth and the Cosmos alike. What? I can't be superior enough in real life I may as well try it in a literature sense right? Seriously, let me try and recall the past 19 years. My total recall of the past it's a bit rusty but I shall try my best and dwelve into it. I clearly remember my mum working as a stewardess with MAS more than 19 years back. I think she quitted when she gave birth to my sister, jeez what a career killer. Im sorry Mel I really meant that as a joke. If i knew better, i think she quite enjoy her career very much. I mean come on, who doesn't enjoy being on a plane (Serving people on a plane is the right term but whose judging), travelling to all sorts of country that fun. Im not here to patronize people who live in the kampung area, but not many people from there have the luxury of travelling to another continent, and getting payed no less. I would say my mum had made a name for herself, so it's not fair to say she had it easy; in addition with me being a bastard child, rather I respect her. Thought I don't show it physically or emotionally, I really do.

As I have stated before, my mum has sacrifice a lot. Leaving a lucrative career, staying home and taking care of us and of course putting up with my rather devilish attitude, like I said I was a bastard child before I realise I was a bastard child. I remember when I was back in pre-school, my mum use to pick me up with her bicycle. It was a red bicycle with that thing at the back which let's you sit on it. The pre-school wasn't far, it was probably a good 10-15 mins ride..downhill. I can now only imagine the trouble she went through to cycle me up some uphill road and eventhough I wasn't that heavy Im sure alot of effort was put in the bring me home in 1 piece.

That brings me to my primary and secondary school time. You must admit, that all children and the appropriate age must go through a rebellious phase. The only way to punish a rebellion at the appropriate age is by inducing physical punishment. The weapon of choice for most parents at those time were 'rotan' and the occasional 'clothes hangar'. I have been at the receiving end of most of them, you can also add 'carbon fibre fishing rods' to that as well. The top 3 weapon of choice in my family at least. Im not ashamed to say it, although now that I think of it there could have been a better approach but sometimes I do think and tell myself; "If it wasn't for those stuff, would I be the same person I am today?". As much as I would like to declare now that physically punishing your children with appropriate object should only be a means to an end, I can't really agree nor deny without sounding like a hypocrite.

In a family, most of the time, Dads act to defend the child while the Mum acts to punish the child. Its standard in every family really but the sword and shield of a family varies, but most of the time mums are the sword. Without being perceive as a saddist, I somewhat thank my mum silently for those punishments last time, becuase Im pretty sure I was being let off lineantly for all the rubbish I have done I would probably be riding dangerously on a motorcycle at night and probably end up in a ditch covered in fire, DEAD. Well that's my approach really, being half-Malay, I can't diverge without answering my calling as a Rempit. Contrary to popular beliefs, no there are no Chinese and Indian rempits. But seriously, I won't expect small children to sit there and accept the fact that your parents can punish them because I was a child once I would know. I was the type of kid that scolds and answer my parents back at the top of my voice, I was that kid. Was. I thank my mum that I am not that kid, and that sudden realisation I had 2 years ago changed my completely. I live who I am now. I only have my parents, specifically mu mum to thank.

Throughout my time I have done/said things to my mum which made her say "You dissapoint me", the 3 words that can crush any boy/guy/men, and I do try my best to not repeat that mistakes again, and no matter how many times I did it, my mum still takes care of me. Nothing like a maternal instinct to save the day, but don't take that for granted. Sometimes that sentences can haunt me for days on end. I can only say im sorry silently.

I do want to thank my mum and hug her and tell her everyday but I love her, but like I said before I am not good nor do i like showing emotions and affection infront of anyone. I just hope that my mum knows that, which im sure she does but im just making a point. This is another post which I hope young readers like myself to realise the sacrifice your mum has gone through as have mine. A little note to those bitching about your mum (not saying about anyone, just a random statement, no harm intended) being this and that, I suggest you take time out of your fiscle lives and think about what you have said because you clearly don't appreciate your mum.

No comments: