It felt it was just yesterday that I turned 20, how time pass by so quickly. Oh hey wait a minute, pfft the silly little brain of mine, it was yesterday that I just turned 20. For those who are not aware, here's a hint, Happy 20th Birthday to me! This year, 2011, is honestly without a doubt the best birthday anyone (especially me) could ask for. Yes, I did not get drunk, and no I did not went for a smashing bashing, crazy wild party that most of us new 2os like to stereotype about. Being a docile, tame and soft-hearted person I am, I prefer to bask in the moment, surrounded by the people I love and care dearly for. I use to think that my birthday mean nothing more than just going out for dinner with my parents, blow some candle, share the bundle of cake around. It's not till the end of Standard 6 that I use to organize fancy shamancy party, and most of my ex-seri megaians can tell you that. Every year, I will throw a grand slamming party in an effort to look cool, but not only did I not look cool, I felt like a fool now thinking back I wasted so much for a number than changed by an integer every year.
After my primary school days, my subsequent birthday parties weren't cool at all. Yeah, some love to throw a party in clubs/restaurants/pubs/brother houses/bottle houses/did i mention clubs? I know, I've known friends who at their 16th birthday or was it 18th birthday? Well it doesn't matter, everyone says Sweet 16 anyway, so why the hell not right? Go all out? One wild night, drop the pants, and roll the dance floor like its 1980s Bee Gees style. All affromaniac in the shizzeh, foh realz broz in da house, be spakin them beats y'all, them beat's y'all, i beats my parents dude, you making eggs in the hooves.....you get the point, i hope, cause i honesty don't. I mean in generic English term, most want it to be memorable night of their lives, and as if being a teenager isn't hard enough, try telling your kids all up in puber-weed, hormones raging, left right and centre, face becoming a general plague area, and down THERE I WOULDN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE....but yeah parents, try telling your kids no to grand slamming party, with them beats y'all. But in all honestly, i didn't have a grand slamming in the beats y'all party cause I couldn't remember.
Well actually I did. I had a BBQ party going all, it was great as heck mangg. Me there, starting up the barbie like it's the 4th of July, burning down 40 acres of the back yard, tossing them meats/beef/lamb on the grill, sipping a tall larger of Irish stout, drinking beer, laughing in the backyard, tossing the ball around, getting drunk, pissing around and getting more drunk. Those were great times man I tell you, we youngsters know how to roll a party if you catch my drift. But yeah all of this happened in my mind, besides the barbeque thing, we had barbeque and it was great. Underwear for presents, giant no less, comfy, still have it, but out-grown it BAZING!
But this year was a whole new level of greatness, i love strolling down through memory lane. Cause I don't a whole lot of good memories in my lifetime but this chapter in my life, my 2011 chapter has been the greatest paragraph in my 20 years of breathing. And it all started with my significant other, my other half, the half that makes me whole. My 2011, unlike any other started off with a great bang. I feel in love with a great women, the greatest anyone like me can only dream of, but she is mine now, and I am the luckiest guy in the world to have her by my side each day. Being the beautiful hearted person my girlfriend is, she wrapped up a shoes box filled with goodies and treats, and when I first heard about this, I instantly jumped up and down with glee. I will honestly tell you now, never have I been so happy receiving gift from anyone else, well besides my lovely parents but no one has ever given me a present that meaningful, and sending it to Australia no less.
I am the sort of person who don't ask for much, you all i ask is for someone to just put their heart into something they're doing, and trust me present was filled with heart and most importantly love. I was waiting impatiently on the evening of 18th for midnight to come, I was eagerly waiting for the time of the laptop to turn 12 and i turn into a pumpkin. In all honesty heh, I was really waiting eagerly, because like i said i have never receive gift, much less being here so yes i was extremely happy and ecstatic. Than finally it came, the clock ticked 12am, we came on skype and video call for my birthday, just having her there on the screen was the greatest gift to me. And my girlfriend would tell you that I was opening the present slowly and carefully! And when i finally broke through, and peered inside.
Inside that lovely box, was a wallet, a beautifully written card and a cardigan! Hehe! I swear I have never been so happy in my life, including the surplus from the previous day while celebrating our anniversary. Ill tell you now, it's the smallest thing that means so much to the both of us. Skyping for our anniversary....just so surreal and touching and ohmygosh so many feelings that I wish to put forward but its 5am here and I haven't slept for a good 20 hour? But anyway yess! The wallet was awesome hehe! Just what I need, a wallet with a coin pouch and pockets to put my cards. As i opened the inside compartment, there it was, the most sweetest thing I ever received, a picture of me and her inside. Aww it was really so sweet of her to thought of something like that, and the 2 most favourite picture of mine as well!
And the card, who could forget the card, it was written deep from the heart and the soul. My baby is a great writter, she knows how to write romantic, sweet, funny words in the letter and i found myself to have read it 4 times today, cause it reminds me of the memorable things in my life thus far. And the cardigann oh mai! I have never used a cardigan before, and rest assured i will be using it for a few times in the future! I feels soo comfy and soft, like you sweetheart.
So yeah, I have more to write, but the game has started. More to come. Once again i thank everyone for my most memorable birthday ever! Thank you sweetheart, for all the effort, hardwork, and heart you put into the present. I promise you will receive only the best gift from me at the end of the year, or probably middle of the year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment