Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Has Become

I shall risk getting ISA detention for today's post. Don't worry, it is not at all political, althought slightly but much bias towards a social stand point of view. Although I maybe in Australia, but not a single day goes by where I don't follow the news back Malaysia. I am a Malaysian, and am proud of it. But in recent light of this whole racism news highlight, 'you no happy you out' kind of stuff, I think it is my obligation (well not really, just trying to avoid studying) to voice out my opinion.

Now if I am not mistaken, these whole racism issue started when someone was questioning the NEP, of course when you mess with the so called 'special rights of Malays', you will spawn the devil. Before I go any further, let me state my stand in this issue so that no misunderstanding occurs, and if you disagree well you can butt out. My stand is that YES. NEP should be abolished and should have. It would have been abolished, but the some quarters rather abused this rights for their own gain and benefit (pointing towards the Government). Some of you might thought that the NEP is part of the Malaysian Constitution, however it is not. NEP is part of a long term plan that was to undergo reviews every few years or so. Okay now I've got that covered, let's move on.

Now why should NEP be abolished. Simple. We have no need for that. The Malay community right now is fairly capable of earning a descent salary, own a comfortable home and come can even be seen shopping in high-end shopping complex. Some might argue that there are still many poor Malays out there. Sure there is, there are equally many poor Chinese and Indian people as well. Instead of a policy to 'help' the Malays, why not make one to help the poor Malay, Chinese and Indians instead?

The fact that Pro-Malay parties going around saying that the Chinese are greedy and not being loyal to those who faught for Independence is baseless. They are not greedy, conversely they are just asking for equal rights as a Malaysian. I am pretty sure the Chinese respect the Malays as a whole, but they label the Chinese as 'greedy', and than expect them to be loyal? I feel that the Chinese community worked hard to earn to make a living, and of course there are also Malays who are the same as well. But if you have the NEP feeding certain people who are plain lazy to make a living, whose fault is that?

Friends have ask me before. You are a mix Malay right? And yet you still go around badgering Malays. Yes I do badger them, only because they depend so much on NEP that they couldn't be bothered to try and make an honest living. Of course I won't deny that NEP had helped the Malay community by helping them in earning a stable job, boost their economy and also providing chances of a better education. However, now I feel that they are taking NEP in vain, and think that since NEP is for the Malays, they are superior. I may not be the least bit religious, but i know in Islam (and all religion for that matter) do not discriminates other races and religion. How can they call themself Islam if they're calling Chinese greedy, ungreatful and now labeling them the Asian Jews. Hypocrites, the kind I love to hate.

Also, just recently I discovered some sort of initiation so to speak called the "Biro Tata Negara". I quote from a blog, "BTN under the Prime Minister's Department brought in intellectual speakers to enlighted students......but instead it more like a communist propoganda.."
http://dinmerican.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/biro-tata-negara-btn-as-seen-by-an-undergraduate-inductee/

It's a good read if you want to know the things that goes on in local universities. I was horrified to learn if that you didn't join this programme, you are not eligible to graduate. At least after reading the article, you would see the sort of shit that goes on there.

P/S: There was a FB fan page about Namawee. Know, I don't mind people telling Malaysians to stop racism. But there is no need for the use of explicit languages and corny songs with little or no indication of a real music. It's just some guy repeating stupid sentences to crap music. I appluade anyone who is against racism, but once you start using explicit and provocative words, that's where I feel you have lost the whole point of being anti-racism. Be civilise, have intellectual talks and debates to resolve the issues. Same goes to the FB page that is for and agaisnt the racist headmistress. You say you are agaisnt racism but you say bad things about Malays, even more hypocrites that i love to hate.

No comments: