Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What Is Music Nowdays?

That's the question that's been playing on my mind throughout the day as of today. While i was out jogging at Bukit Jalil park this morning (that's the first for me), I was very much riddled with such trivial question. I suppose that's the main purpose of a trivia question in the first place, never the less, it's a question that requires much thinking. No doubt, you can pick a person walking about (like that stupid toothpaste ads on tv) in the malls and street and ask them a single question; so short yet powerful question that im pretty sure varies from one person to another. I don't see myself as aficionado in the music industry, it's something that i felt is happening and have experience it by ears.

I needed to satisfy this desire to know as to why John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers decided to call it quits and leave the band. After reading Anthony Kiedie's biography; Scar Tissue. It's not the first time that he left the band but came back again. His reason at that time was because of the huge fan-based that they had in the 1980. Ironically, the fans liked them too much and I can quite recall but he quit in order to pursue his growing music career.

But now, i have several views/ideas as to why he left. The music genre now a days is getting very stale. Rock music itself is not becoming that top favours among society, with competition from electronic music and pop culture. Real Rock music i might add is now dust as compared to other genres of music. If I can recall how rock musics were really worshipped back in the days with the likes of Nirvana, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd and so on. Hence, to cope with the growing pop and electronic culture, RHCP themselves had to shift from that rock genre since their Blood Sugar Sex Magik album to something of a mixture of pop/rock genre. I have myself noticed, there are really huge gap in terms of music genre/music/musical style in Blood Sugar Sex Magik and By The Way albums (both which were released by RHCP in 1991 and 2001 respectively).

Leading into Stadium Arcadium (2005), there's hardly any dose of funk/rock in their music. Sure there is some here and there and in between, but its hardly noticable. That is why, John's reason to leave RHCP. He wanted to concentrate more on his favourite musical style and technique that RHCP can no longer cater to due to the changes in musical genre. I figure John really loves music so much, that his willing to quit a very good band in order to satisfy that desire to bring back ronk/funk music genre back into the world that most people may have seem to forgot.

Go listen tracks from his latest album; The Empyrean. You will know what I mean. His music speaks a thounsad things that a picture cant.

Uhm, yeah to add to that. Bands like the Jonas Brothers; especially Kevin Jonas or Nic....who gives a damn about them. They are clay-faced douche-bags. Never freaking ever equate freaking douche-bags Jonas Gaybo's to Jimi Hendrix. Oh yes, i've read it and seen it. Go and see for yourself. Shit's like this pisses me off. Jonas Rednecks freaking douche-bags. They can never do what old-school rock musicians do. That is a fact. Douche-bags.

No comments: