Good day fellow reviewers, so it has been a while since I was able to post something. I was really occupied with some pre-depature tantrums and panic. As per title, I am safely residing in Melbourne, well in Clayton to be precise, but precise is over-rated. Spent a few days in the city before my residence in Clayton is ready. What I can safely say about Melbourne, that the best things in life comes with excellent public transportation and warm smiles from Australians every where. Unlike my Malaysian counter-parts, we have enough warmth from the sun, naturally, having zero warmy-like attitude is a perk that doesn't require much appreciation.
Everyone here is so friendly, I can't remember the last time I couldn't stop smiling and strangers, except one time when I saw a women trip and fell, harsh but it needed a good whip of laughter. Anyway, I don't have the luxury of time, my dad is well, his answering nature's call, the second one as people would say. My efforts of preventing my parents from finding my blog is successful. If you are wondering why my dad is here, his been staying with me for a week to help me settle in and buy my new stuff. My wish of having a leather jacket came true, all i need now is a shiny new superbike to fit in.
Classes have yet to start, and Im 2 weeks away from it. I wonder sometimes, what the hell am I doing here so early, but well the more time for me to fit in. Well what can I say, I miss all my friends back in KL. Thanks to my best friends that came all the way to KLIA to see me off, I wasn't that emotional, no tears of sorts and like I once said, Im not good at showing affection, but know that I really miss you guys.
So about Australian, yeah, they're very polite not only to locals but foreigners as well. Though sometimes, it's so predictable to predict their next choice of words. Polite as they are, there aren't much vocab they use to end their sentences...for examples "Cheers" and "Good On You".
Somehow, I find good on you can be a nuisance some times, they say it always, it's almost so insulting. Its like you know, you say something like "Yeah , i remembered to on the heater today" and someone will say "Good on you". See how insulting that is. Again, "Omg, I had a divorce today" and then BOOM "Good On you".
I need to run now, I shall continue my endless chattering soon. Good On You.
No comments:
Post a Comment