Saturday, July 10, 2010

So Cold, Hot Sausage!

Since my classes has yet to start and I am already bored out of my mind. I decided that I should write something regarding my achievement of sorts.

It's a Saturday just in case you didn't know, it's freakishly cloudy and cold as oppose to yesterday. We always equate bad stuffs to happen during dark, cloudy and cold days and to stay true to that, something bad didn't happen. Because it was too cold for me to bother, I thought that this will be the best time to try out my cooking skills and to put to rest an age old myth then men can't cook.


So I had in a fridge some sausages and onions and some carrots and fancy stuff like that prepared. To begin with, I slowly chopped my onion into small bits, which i ended up pounding in endlessly and wildly like a stallion because I couldn't cut it properly. Needlessly to say, it was a cross breed between onion juice and irregular sizes onion. And because the sausages were rock solid cold, I decided to leave on the table to defrost, which only took me 5 minutes because I couldn't wait.

There after, I began my cooking journey. Some oil in a hot pan, check! Cross-breed of onion juice and irregular onion in the pan, check! Vegetables in a boiling pan thingy, check. Everything was well until...

Until i realise that the sausage was still rock solid despite my onions clearly were burning, leaving the vege in the boiling water was also easy up to the point where I wanted to check if it was cook. Despite the onions burning black and sausage clearly not cooking.....I decided that ill just put the vege in a bowl so I can concentrate on my sausage. Common sense right? When one food is clearly burning black, throw the rest.

Brilliant as it was at that moment of time, little did I realise that the vege was under cook and my onions were far from looking like something that once resembled..well onions. So I threw the onions away and left the sausage in the pan to fry till black.

If you are wondering why i used onions and sausage, i was hoping that the onion taste/oil will sip into the sausage that I already poked holes in. It look perfectly the same from the ones on TV but i guessed if you put too much oil, and little onions and a cold, rock solid sausage that I dare says resembles a medieval blunt weapon used by uni brow soldiers, I guess that disaster was inevitable.

The end result, black sausage on a bed of undercook carrots, longbeans and colliflower top with alot of oil from the onion disaster. Needless to say, after I drench that pile of organic plant fertiliser with alot of tomato sauce, everything tasted good. The sausage was a little under cook as well but whose complaining....well I was because after that I had to use the toilet.

And the myth supports that men can't cook (without proper training that is) and YES! Onions do make you cry, fancy that.

No comments: