Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Settling In Good.

I once over-heard my parents doing what parents do infront of other parents. The occasional rant about general stuff such as laziness and little care for a healthy social life. While I was about to walk off (firstly, yes i was annoyed but it is not in my nature to eavesdrop on other people's conversation, i don't like doing that), I heard a soft distinct verb that sounded like 'however'. However she said, "My son can make friends very easily (in reference to the studying in Australia convo). As soon as I heard that, i can't help walking away with a smile of my face.

Not that I want to boast, cause its a waste of time. Only Calvin reads my blog haha, my loyal reader! Dude Calvin, you should come to Australia haha! I have lots of Singaporean friends, i see a trend here cause I seem to be falling for Singaporeans. Well, not in a romantic type of way, there could be but who knows. But seriously Calvin, transfer here ASAP cigarette, Avi can have fun with quack. Hi Avi, you suck in COD!

Anyway, to the highlight of this evening post. Yes, I would like to comfirm my parents allegations about me making friends easily. Honestly, once I was alone after my dad left, I was thinking about how am I going to make friends, and how do i relate myself to Australians. It's tough really, it's not rocket science but its hard. Firstly, i find it weird talking to an australian with Malaysian accent, and sometimes I get so enthusiastic that I blurt out words like 'lah'. I feel all weirdish inside speaking malaysian slang to a person with australian slang. Of course, now i try to immitate australian accent just so it's easier to talk to them. But so far, yeah I failed.

So the first few days after my dad left, it was very quite. I usually go outside and take a walk cause I was bored. It was then I met Xiang Ning, who is now my house-mate. He's a malaysian. Finally I can say lah and stuff to him haha, so comforting. I finally have a friend. Some days later, Xiang Ning brought some friends over for dinner, I was reluctent to meet at first cause I was some what shy. The second time they came over i know I have to say yes.

And now some 2 weeks later, I am happy to have met them. Really great people from Malaysian and Singapore, neighbours what right? Im proud to call Jc, Zong Yau, Stanley, Xiang Ning, Michelle and Giselle my friends. Boy i hope they don't find my blog, cause I sounds like a retard in here. No, I am not sentimental. But i think i am, cause i am in a state of utter confusion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you spelled 'quiet' wrong...in fourth paragraph, line one.

just to let you know

Karl John said...

I know it's you Chin