Sunday, July 18, 2010

Microwave Food: Reason To Love It.

I fancy microwave food. I always had. Imagine a rough Monday, and boy I hate Mondays but anyways, imagine you woke up late for work and you have an important meeting with the executives in half an hour. You jump of the bed, screaming for things that you don't need like um car-keys at that point. You rush out from the house, with different coloured socks, run to you cars and ignite your car. Speeding through the highway you arrive the office 5 minutes late.

The executives are waiting impatiently and was about to walk out of the board room when you arrive, you begin the apology rituals and began your meeting. Moving forward, its lunch time, you walk down to the cafeteria for a nice cup of coffee only to find your wallet was lying happily on your dressing table at home. Cursing under your breath, you marched, feet-stomping on the pavement and then stomped on a chewing gum. Cursing even louder, your boss was listening to your every word behind you.

With a load of embarrassment under your belt, you march to your office, stomach empty and chewing gum on your shoes.So ya got back home, no mood to cook but as soon you open our freezer the poof. The sun came behind the cloud, burst of brilliant lights of different wavelength, almost angelic ray guiding you towards the lowest drawer where your mum bought a microwave roast beef with special sauce.

Like a little girl on a pogo-stick, you hop intently to the microwave. Tear open the box like a small child on Christmas morning, stuff the microwave gourmet in the microwave like stuffing well stuffings into a turkey and wait impatiently at the kitchen like a bride waiting impatiently at the alter of god! As the timer hits 10 seconds, your heart pumps rapidly, 5 seconds...you start sweating profusely, 2 seconds...you start crying like a baby. 0 seconds.....
Ding! Like zombies rising from the ground, you punch your fist in the air, cheering loudly at the microwave and proceed to sing the national anthem.


You open the microwave, waves of aroma of beef and special sauce dance around your nostril, you pick up the platter, eyes still dripping with tears you pick up the plate of savoury goodness and you run towards your mum and hug her and said "Thank you! I will remember this moment for the rest of my life". As you run out to the TV room to enjoy your meal, your mums eyes begins to tear, quitely almost a whisper she says "That's my son" and goes back to sleep with a smile.

The next day at work, you tell your friends about your escapade, your colleagues felt happy for you, some patted your backs, some were even seen shedding a tear or two. Finally, your boss comes towards you, almost realising that he made a mistake yesterday and the proudly announce, "You are getting a promotion".

That's how I feel everytime I prepare a microwave food, well just recently actually because the microwave food here is so awesome that I should fill the cracks in my walls with microwave food. Yeah so it's not healthy I know, but sometimes I feel so lazy that I couldn't be bothered cooking real food. Well even if I did, calling it cooked food is like stretching the truth really.

Oh well, if I want real food I can always hop to a singporean restaurents with some delicious food, but never again will I take nescafe because I couldn't sleep at all after gulping down a large glass of nescafe. With that, I shall leave with a word of wisdom; When in doubt, C4! No im just kidding, but seriosly....nah im just pulling your toe..really C4. Narr it's microwave actually. Bye!

No comments: